Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My trip

5 years ago, my friend and I went on a trip to Seoul in Korea. It was quite a cheap trip because we could get travel tickets for free and we didn't have enough money to spend there. And we planned to find relatively cheap accomodation in person.

There was a big problem, which was that I forgot a guide book which we bought together. So we went to an information center in order to get a map and information to cover my fault. Of course, it wasn't enough to find everything we wanted, so we asked passengers where was the best reataurant around there, where more enjoyable places were and convenient accomodation, and so on..

As a result, it was such a great trip that was worth more than the acutual costs because of many people's help. Fortunately, we could get much more useful information and enjoy every places I learned quite important things from this trip: to know and to communicate with people who live in a place is more interesting and more useful. On the other hand, I'm trying to reduce my mistake for trips by making a list of necessary things...

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Hi Mariko. I think I have the opposite problem. I tend to overplan when traveling. I make lists for EVERYTHING, book hotels weeks in advance, read the guide books obsessively, get train tickets before I leave the country, everything. Maybe I need to learn to be more spontaneous.

Great post!